The BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites is conveniently located near Water Country, Strawbery Banke, The Music Hall, fantastic restaurants and many local shopping venues. This classic New England seacoast town sits on the Piscataqua River with riverfront eateries, taverns, shops and the wonderful Prescott Park.
This Portsmouth New Hampshire hotel is short drive from the University of New Hampshire, University of Southern New Hampshire, Great Bay Community College and other learning institutions. Whether you are here for parent’s weekend, new orientation, graduation or visiting faculty–we welcome all visitors.
Each guest room in this Portsmouth New Hampshire hotel is tastefully appointed. They are equipped with cable television (extended channels and Showtime®), free high-speed Wi-Fi Internet connections, a table or desk, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron/board and hairdryer. And if you happen to have forgotten certain essentials, we can probably supply you with an item at no charge! (Some for a small fee).
Not only will you enjoy your stay at this hotel in Portsmouth New Hampshire…there are many things to see and do at the Seacoast. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites is close to an abundance of historical sightseeing treasures and shopping outlets in tax free New Hampshire and nearby Kittery, Maine.
Fuel your trip by visiting Portsmouth’s many great restaurants including the Phantom Gourmet’s hidden jewel and The Roundabout Diner & Lounge (located adjacent to our hotel)! Don’t forget to take in the theatre, enjoy a memorable cruise and visit the historic Strawberry Banke and shop in our tax-free state plus much, much more!
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Restaurant on-site, Roundabout Diner & Lounge, open 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Indoor pool Heated
- Outdoor pool Seasonal
- Exercise facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. two treadmills, one bike and weight machine
- Safe deposit box
- Cocktail lounge, open until 10:00 p.m. midweek and 11:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights
- Ice/vending machines
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Truck/RV parking, complimentary
- Hot tub
- Meeting facilities
- Free parking
- Banquet facilities
- Conference services
- Fax services
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat Three washers, three dryers, detergent and fabric softener sheets available at front desk (nominal fee)
- Cable satellite television, VCR and DVD player available for rent
- Photocopy machine
- Hearing impaired services, TDD phone, illuminated light when fire alarm goes off
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Weight lifting equipment Weight lifting machine
- Porterage/bell services
- Three washers, three dryers, detergent and fabric softener sheets available at front desk (nominal fee) Drop off by 8am Returned same day, generally by 5pm Prices vary by item
- Express check out By request….mail or email available
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access
- Business center, complimentary, open 24-hours and has three computers with printing capabilities
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Exhibit services
- Mail services 1st class stamps available at desk and mail drop off.
- Wedding services Contact the sales department firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference facilities
- Air-conditioning, Lobby, restaurant and meeting areas
- Physically challenged services, wheelchair is available
- Physically challenged facilities ramps available as well as grab bars.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Complimentary coffee in lobby daily (6am-10pm)
- Complimentary High-speed Internet access
- Complimentary newspaper (Mon-Fri)
Non-smoking Rooms: 155
- Physically challenged rooms/facilities available
- Bathtub seat available
- Rails in bathroom available
- Wheelchair accessible available
- Raised toilet with grab bars available
- Visual alarm available
- Knock lights available
- Safety bar in shower available
- Walk-in shower available
- Emergency alerting lighting
- Extra wide doors in bathrooms
Kitchenettes: available Suites only
- Lowered vanity areas
- Pots/pans/dishes In suites only
Public Space ADA Accessible Features:
- Accessible parking spaces and signage (car and van)
- Accessible parking space that is 96-inches wide with an appropriate access aisle
- An accessible route that allows for approaching and entering the hotel
- An accessible lobby entrance door
- Interior routes to public spaces that do not have abrupt level changes
- Room signage: 60-inches to sign center above finished floor
- Accessible table in eating area
- Public restrooms accessible
Guest Room Mobility Accessible Features:
- Accessible doors and doorways (at least 32-inches of clear width passage)
- Accessible room controls (e.g. HVAC and lighting)
Guest Room Communication Assist Features:
- Closed-caption televisions
- Visual notification devices for door knocks
- Visual notification devices for telephones
- Telephones have volume control
- TDY devices available for telephone
- Roundabout Diner & Lounge, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Jumpin’ Jay’s Fish Cafe, cafe, American, open for: dinner, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- .5 mile(s) from Cafe Espresso, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Wholesome food and daily fresh baked goodies!!
- 3.00 mile(s) from Warren’s, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Great food & amazing salad bar
- 2.0 mile(s) from The Rosa, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Surf, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Tues-Wed 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Thurs-Sun 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Waterfront seafood dining with a raw bar. Seafood fresh enough to think it was caught off their deck!
- 1.50 mile(s) from Portsmouth Gaslight, full servicee, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 non to 10:00 p.m., brick oven pizza, street level dining & upper floor nightclub
- 1.50 mile(s) from Portsmouth Brewery, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m. Craft beers & pub food
- 1.50 mile(s) from RiRa, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, Irish pub
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lexie’s Joint, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Burgers, fries, fish tacos….Fresh all the way. Worth going off the beaten path.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Ristorante Massimo, full service, Italian, open for: dinner, 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Italian fine dining….bellissimo!!
- 2.00 mile(s) from Cafe Nostimo, cafe, Mediterranean, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Greek, Mediterranean=good. Four generations of good.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Thai Bistro, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Asian Fusion & Thai cuisine
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Flatbread Company, full service, American, open for: dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. A true pizza experience
- 2.00 mile(s) from Colby’s Breakfast & Lunch, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Friendly Toast, full service International, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. A feast for your eyes & tummy!
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Library, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Fine dining in a historical building in downtown.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Loco Cocos Tacos, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Tacos, burritos, tostados…yummo’s!!
- 6.00 mile(s) from Newick’s, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. Seafood is their specialty. Casual dining by the bay.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, American, open for: dinner, 3:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. A little piece of Texas up here in the north!
Planning a special meeting or event? Our Appledore, Badger or Cutty elegantly-appointed banquet space totals 3,000 square feet! The meeting space can be left open, creating a large room, or closed to form one, two or three comfortable spaces, measuring 25 feet by 40 feet each. All rooms come equipped with meeting tools and technology and can be set up any way to best suit your needs. Ask about our Star Boardroom for small functions.
Our onsite restaurant, the 50’s themed Roundabout Diner, is available for dining in or for catering. They can deliciously and efficiently meet any of your food and beverage needs for any type of function!
- 2.00 mile(s) from Historical Strawbery Bank, historical village depicting 400 years of living
- 2.00 mile(s) from Music Hall and Theatre, everything from Boz Scaggs to the Russian Ballet
- 1.50 mile(s) from The Heritage, smaller 49 passenger cruise boat offering site seeing cruise as well as cocktail sunset cruises.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Children’s Museum, wonderful interactive museum for children located in Dover
- 1.50 mile(s) from Portsmouth Athenaeum, a membership library filled with books, newspapers, documents, photographs and arifacts highlighting 400 year history of the New Hampshire and southern Maine Seacoast.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Moffat-Ladd House and Gar, 1763 – National historic landmark, three story mansion with its large entrance hall and historic terraced garden, was residence of six generations of the same family from 1763 to 1911. Declaration of Independence signer William Whipple lived here during the Revolution. Collection includes original portraits, family artifacts, and superb Portsmouth furniture.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Tug Boat Tours, get a ride on a working tugboat up the Piscataqua River
- 2.00 mile(s) from Prescott Park, live theatre and entertainment
- 3.50 mile(s) from Wentworth Coolidge Mansio, 18th century residence of NH’s first Royal Governor, Benning Wentworth, overlooking Little Harbor. Tour 20 rooms. Fine architecture with French style stewing kitchen, 18th century English flocked wallpaper, and handsome mantelpiece carvings. The prominent 42 room structure is surrounded by heirloom purple lilacs, likely planted in the 1750s.
- 13.00 mile(s) from American Independence Mus, discover the stories behind America’s revolutionary past and how they relate to your experiences today. Located in historic Exeter
- 2.00 mile(s) from USS Albacore Museum, first atomic submarine
- 1.50 mile(s) from Isles of Shoals Steamship, cruise boat carrying up to 250 passengers. Party and dinner cruises as well as sight seeing.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Seacoast Science Center, Interactive exhibits, programs on Odiorne Point. Whale.
- 1.50 mile(s) from John Paul Jones House, Temporary home to the father of the US Navy. Role playing characters guide you through this magnificent home!
- 1.50 mile(s) from Jackson House, c. 1664: Jackson House is one of the earliest examples of vertical plank-frame building construction in New England.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Red Hook Brewery, that serves lunch as well as gives tours
- 2.00 mile(s) from Seacoast Repertory Theate
- 2.00 mile(s) from Govenor John Langdon Hous, 1784- It was built for John Langdon, supporter of the Revolutionary War who later became governor of New Hampshire.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Fuller Gardens, beautiful Japanese gardens, along scenic route 1A in North Hampton
- 14 mile(s) from Flag Hill Winery, In Lee, NH. They make wine and vodka….
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Crossings @ Fox Run, A strip mall on Gosling Road featuring big box stores and eateries with a 15 screen movie theatre in the back. When you’re done there, check out the access road to the Fox Run Mall for more shopping.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Market Square, Shops, cafe’s, coffee shops and boutiques surround the center hub of downtown Portsmouth.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Fox Run shopping mall, Portsmouth indoor TAX FREE shopping mecca…
- 3.00 mile(s) from Kittery Outlets, An assortment of outlet shopping centers to meet any need. All with discount pricing!
Content for the tab Reservations